Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Top 10 Albums Of 2006


10| Saves The Day / Sound The Alarm

Nowhere near as good as Through Being Cool but a thousand times better than In Reverie.






9| Radio Dept. / Pet Grief

No really, songs for mourning your dead cat Chumley.







8| Danielson / Ships

"Put your trumpet on the tip and then sniff"







7| Mastadon / Blood Mountain

The new soundtrack to every D&D kid's wet dream and possibly one of the best Metal albums to come out in the last decade.





6| Destroyer / Rubies

I hate long songs (Case in point: I think Joanna Newsom Y's is one of the most disappointing albums of the year). But Destroyer's Rubies is a classic record and it starts off with a 9-minute faux pas.




5| Said Sower / We Are Not Consumed

Zao Splinter Shards..., Strongarm Advent of a Miracle, 100 Portraits and Waterdeep Enter the Worship Circle, The Innocence Mission Christ Is My Hope, Said Sower We Are Not Consumed. (A list of all the worship albums I've ever liked).




4| The Thermals / The Body, The Blood, The Machine

I thought I wouldn't like this album because of its anti-Christian theme. I was wrong.






3| Half-Handed Cloud / Halos and Lassos

More slightly deranged and glorious sunday school songs by one of my favorite artists.






2| My Brightest Diamond / Bring Me The Workhorse

Songs about a DYING/DEAD girl, dragonfly, robin, rabbit(s), and horse.






1| Birdman & Lil' Wayne / Like Father, Like Son

The first ten times I heard the "Bitch I go so hard" voice...I fell on the ground.

0 compromises: