Monday, September 4, 2006

Darling, There's A Thick Fog Up Ahead

Seriously, tell me how delicious a 6-foot hoagie sandwich (spoken in the voice of Paul Giamatti playing the character Veal Chop in the sleeper movie Safe Men directed by John Hamburg) would be right about now! For those of you who aren't eating....keep in mind how wonderful it truly is (or how truly wonderful it is) to: Savor the Flavor. Damn ain't it great that I articulate, isn't it grand that you can understand (taken from the song "I can talk" by Wilbur the pig during the 1973 animated classic Charlotte's Web). For those of you who are eating.............fuck you (to be read in a an extremely ironically subtly tone, say for instance, like the way Michael Showalter does in the Stella comedy short entitled "Bored"...which duly notably features himself as well as the actor Sam Rockwell from the sleeper movie Safe Men directed by John Hamburg).

I forgot to mention something from last week's bible study that came up for a brief moment again this week. Something about God interjecting a very small thing and it growing slowly over time. Something like a little mustard seed. Something like a little leaven in the dough. Something like a little PDA at bible study is absolutely disgusting. I used to go to this home church for years and I was always wondering why the married couples never showed any form of physical affection. I mean getting sexy at bible study isn't very cool...but a little tender touch never steered a brother wrong, you know? Well trust me...i've seen the light...keep that shit in the dark homies.

Another gem I remembered from bible study tonight....Richard Foster.
This quaker genius wrote: Celebration of Discipline (a book about Spiritual Disciplines....that I NEED to read), Freedom of Simplicity (a book about living more simply...ie less belongings and such...that I NEED to re-read).
I also absolutely recommend The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claibourne (a book about the love of Jesus being lived out by this ridiculous redneck radical ragamuffin ...alliteration anyone?....that I can't say enough good things about).

And finally, tonight I recalled just how wonderful it is to drive home with one of your best friends listening to one of your favorite bands (The Clientele) where you barely need to say two words to know that there is so much goodness being felt by two people at the same time. These feelings were almost completely eradicated when, some time later and alone, a live frog landed on the hood of my car at a stop sign (not entirely unlike a scene from PT Anderson's Magnolia starring John C. Riley, William H. Macey, and Phillip S. Hoffman).

I've got so much longing in my heart,

Ephraim G. Pancakes

0 compromises: